Jul 22, 2012

Golden Opportunities in Disguise

I will be proactive and grateful, so that I may remain aware of, and profit from, all aspects of reality, ESPECIALLY those GOLDEN OPPORTUNITIES, that may be DISGUISED as hardships or problems.

In this blog, I strive to bring something to the reader that will be new and not rehash things that have been said countless times before. In this case, everyone, has heard, "look on the bright side of things", "the grey cloud with the silver lining" and "when one door closes, a window opens", which obviously are all variations on my title.

This is not to say that I don't agree with these; I emphatically do, but in my effort to bring something new, I want to truly accent the perspective that focuses on these in such a way as to actually look forward EXCITEDLY to "setbacks".

I bold the word "ESPECIALLY" above, to point out that I believe we need to go way beyond accepting and dealing with these things, all the way to realizing that in the long run, most of us will look back on these as the things that provided us with the most important lessons of our lives. Tony Robbins does say, "when we win, we party, and when we lose, we ponder"..... and if we "ponder" properly we can perhaps gain beyond our wildest expectations.

How many people have had their hearts broken only to go on and find the love of their lives and realize they were in a dysfunctional relationship; or been devastated to have been fired from a job, only to start the business they should have started years before.

There is a saying, "some day we will look back at this and laugh, so why not laugh now?"..... well, in that same vein, if "some day we will look back and realize this was a golden opportunity in diguise, why not have our antennas on to recognize and act on it, right now!

1 comment:

  1. Note since writing this: I did a stupid thing while working out, and wound up with a serious lower back spasm. Luckily there was no disc damage, and I now feel much better, but I was completely debilitated for the better part of a week, and experience pain beyond what I've ever felt. As a result, I cut the weights I was using in half, and have strived for "perfect" form, in terms of making sure that I do not count any progress in reps unless they are executed in EXACTLY 10 seconds for the positive and 10 seconds for the negative. In doing so, I realize that I was being very inefficient in properly inroading and consider this nothing less than a break through, which would have probably never happened had I not hurt my back.

    ReplyDelete