Jan 11, 2015

SPIRITUAL PRINCIPLES PART 1

The next part of my mission statement, after "Asking with Intent, Listening Without Excuse, and Acting with Courage" is "By Doing This, I Will be Adhering to the Following 'Spiritual' Principles".

Before starting this, I need to qualify my use of the word 'spiritual'. I have no belief in anything supernatural or mystical, and so my use of this word pertains simply to distinguishing from the corporeal, i.e. things you can see, feel, touch, etc.

None of the principles that I will speak of will require any type of faith either. In fact, they are all self-evident and I can't see how any reasonable person, will question their existence, require much in the way of a definition (with some exceptions), or question whether they are all desirable.

The next part of my mission, elicitng these principles is: "Rationality, Integrity, Independence, Honesty, Justice, Productiveness, and Pride. From these will naturally follow: Open-Mindedness, Courage, Optimal State Management, Willingness, Conscience, Imagination, Self-Awareness, Serenity, Style, Grace and '*&^%( Attitude!!"

Choosing one as an example, that I spoke about in my last blog post; Courage: No one would deny that such a principle exists. They know what it is, and they know what it is not, and when they either act with it, or wihout it. And yet, of course, it is not corporeal.

So I hope this explains my use of the word 'spiritual'. so in the next entry, I will start with the first one on the list: Rationality.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment