May 10, 2012

FOCUSING

Today, I will align myself with cherishing reality, FOCUSING and having fun, so that I may have the energy that I need to enthusiastically live, love, learn and leave a legacy of excellence! FOCUSING: Every morning, on the way to work, in my car, I repeat out loud, my personal mission, vision and goals for the year. The reason I do this, is to keep myself FOCUSED on the things that I have decided are most important in my life. Each day, there are forces pulling me in countless directions, and so, without a conscious effort to stay focused I will inevitably fall prey to these distractions. I am faced with hundreds of decisions daily, and this focus keeps them relatively simple to make because it provides an objective point of reference, a map if you will, to navigate these forks in the road. So, even the fun that I alluded to in an earlier blog entry, needs to be aligned with my overall mission, and so it is not a matter of losing or letting go of focus, but perhaps using a wider angle lens to keep the bigger picture in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment