May 15, 2012

LIVE, LOVE, LEARN AND LEAVE A LEGACY

Today, I will align myself with cherishing reality, focusing and having fun, so that I may have the energy that I need to enthusiastically LIVE, LOVE, LEARN AND LEAVE A LEGACY of excellence! LIVE, LOVE, LEARN AND LEAVE A LEGACY: I stole this from the sub title of Stephen Covey's book "FIRST THINGS FIRST", which had a profound impact on me. I even became certified as a facilitator of what was then known as the "First Things First, Time/Life Management seminar". In future blog entries, I will take each word one at a time, to discuss what it means to me. For now let me just point out that together, they represent, in my opinion, not only a hierarchy of human needs, but an entirety of human development. Live: (physical) Health, Safety, Financial Security, Nutrition, Exercise. (the foundation without which not much else matters.) Love: (emotional) Friends, Family, Support Systems: People with whom you choose to share your journey with. (they are not the journey, or the purpose, but sharing it with them makes it even more enriching) Learn: (mental) Self-development and self-actualisation, knowledge, skills acquisition and skills perfecting. (lifelong personal growth) Leave a Legacy: (spiritual) Being the Hero of YOUR life! "The greatest gift one human being can give another is the sight of an achievement!" (Ayn Rand, paraphrased from memory)

No comments:

Post a Comment