May 13, 2012

Having Fun!

Today, I will align myself with cherishing reality, focusing and HAVING FUN, so that I may have the energy that I need to enthusiastically live, love, learn and leave a legacy of excellence! HAVING FUN: When I speak of having fun, I am not referring to mindless indulgences into short term pleasure. (although short term pleasure does contribute to quality of life, but it should never be mindless) I am rather pointing out that striving for personal excellence should not be some ultra-serious, rigid quest in which we take ourselves so seriously that we never smile or laugh. I am pointing out that the spirit with which we should move through our journey is one that includes a love of life that combines both light heartedness, and passion; one in which, acknowledging life's challenges and inevitable tragedies causes us to cherish all the equally inevitable wonders of life. Having fun with everything we do should mean relishing the upwards progression of our work and personal development (even when it seems like one step forward and two steps back), as well as truly enjoying the fruits of our labor, those tangible results that we have earned and that our self-esteem tells us we deserve. (see upcoming posts on EARNING and SELF-ESTEEM) Red Skelton had a great line: "Never take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!"

No comments:

Post a Comment